PhD studies consist of doctoral studies activities, scientific research and the preparation procedure of the thesis.
Applicants to doctoral studies are required to have a Master’s degree or higher education degree equivalent to it. A PhD degree is awarded after the defendence of a doctoral thesis.
ASU confers degrees of Doctor in the following fields of research:
Ecology and Environmental Science.
Environmental Engineering 04T:
List of the dissertation topics and possible supervisors 04T
Transport Engineering 03T
Mechanical Engineering 09T:
List of the dissertation topics and possible supervisors 09T
- Master’s diploma or a higher education degree equivalent to it and diploma supplement (originals and copies (originals to be returned immediately), a document certifying the assessment of academic qualification acquired abroad issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Recommendation by two academic referees from the relevant field of science;
- List of research works and their copies, and in the absence of such works – research Project;
- Bank receipt or a copy of the order about the payment of an entrance fee;
- Filled form with a photo;
- Copy of ID card or passport with indicated personal data;
- Social insurance certificate, if have;
- Application for a dorm, if necessary;
- Other relevant documents.
PhD studies can be financed by the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania, The EU structural funds or by the PhD student’s personal finances. Besides, the PhD studies can be funded by the companies as well.
Students admitted to fee-paying study places have to pay a normative fee for tuition approved by the resolution No. 11 of 23 March of 2016 of ASU Council Meeting:
|Fields of Sciences||Annual tuition fee, Lt (EUR)|
|Form of studies|
|Full-time studies||Part-time studies|
|Agricultural, Biomedicine, Technological Sciences
Admission Fee, Accounts, and Details
The admission tuition fee is €170
The recipient is Aleksandro Stulginskio universiteto priėmimo komisija
The recipient bank is AB SEB bankas
The accounted bank is LT 35 7044 0600 0290 0835
The bank code is 70440
The abbreviated fee name is stojamoji studijų
Write your personal number and €170 in the payer code cell.
For more information
Scientific Secretary (doctoral (PhD) studies)
Studentų g. 11, 53361 Akademija, Kauno r.,
Phone +370 37 75 22 54
E mail firstname.lastname@example.org