Laboratory of heat-energy processes and emissions activities origins associated to ongoing researches and studies of heat and mass transfer at the faculty of agricultural engineering. The beginning of researches of systematic thermo-energy processes in biotechnologies considered 1983 after establishment of laboratory of potatoes fruits and vegetables storage researches, which was named laboratory of agricultural products storage and processing technologies scientific researches in 1994. Subsequently this laboratory activities consolidates with laboratory of animal husbandry technologies and in 2008 1 October was established laboratory of heat-energy processes and emissions, approval development program of integrated science, studies and business centre (Valley) „Nemunas“. Laboratory of heat-energy processes and emissions function – to carry out fundamental and applied scientific researches and development in the field of technological sciences energy and thermal engineering, environmental engineering and other related fields of science, also development of sustainable agricultural production, its initial recycling together nurturing cleaner and cohesive environment, to create higher added value through partnerships with business and academic knowledge transfer, integrate into area of international researches.
- Grains, vegetables, fruits, animals, organic waste, manure, microclimate, gas emission, sheds, warehouses, technological processes, quality, energy, the sun, smart (intelligent) engineering.
SCIENTIFIC TOPICS AND PROJECTS
- Vegetable products (grains, vegetables and fruits) conservation and storage technologies optimization;
- Freezing technologies;
- Microclimate assessment and optimization in barns and buildings for storage and processing of agricultural products;
- Assessment and implementation of smart technologies and other engineering innovations in animal husbandry;
- Biological preparation using for air pollution control in animal husbandry;
- Solar radiation and other renewable sources of energy conversion technologies researches and application in technological processes;
- Energy efficiency evaluation.
- Dissemination of technologies of promising medical herbal cultivation and innovative raw material of medical herbal preparation, using solar energy, implementation period 2011-2014 year. Partner VMU.
- Engineering innovation in cows keeping technologies, implementation period 2014 – 2015 year.
- New probiotics using to reduce gas emissions from manure, implementation period 2014-2015 year.
- Technological innovations for air pollution reducing in dairy farms, implementation period 2014-2015 year.
- New biopreparations usage for ammonia emissions from manure reduction“ implementation period 2014-2015 year.
- Eco-innovations for air pollution reduction in animal husbandry, implementation period 2014-2015 year.
- Thermal processes researches and the optimal microclimate formation in cowshed, implementation period – 2015.
- Vegetable products (grains, vegetables and fruits) drying, freezing and storage technologies assessment and design;
- Climate in storage management and ventilation systems evaluation, optimization and design;
- Evaluation of cowshed ventilation systems and optimization of microclimate;
- Air pollution evaluation in animal husbandry;
- Effectiveness evaluation of probiotics and other measures for gas emission reducing in animal husbandry and application of measures optimization;
- Implementation of engineering innovations in animal husbandry;
- Renewable energy sources using in technological processes;
- The energy efficiency evaluation of technological processes.
Products: microprocessor based juicy agricultural products storage ventilation controller; Solar energy uses technology for medicinal and spicy plants drying.
Developed solar radiation energy uses drying technology of medicinal plants. Patent “Siccatives preparing using solar radiation energy method and device for a way to realize it“ 2014 06 05. The applicant ASU. Authors: A. Raila, H. Novošinskas, E. Zvicevičius, A. Čiplienė.