Scientists of laboratory execute investigations of vegetable raw materials quality, arrange seminars, participate in national and international conferences, disseminating their research results, and develop international cooperation, carries out business orders, improving competence by undergoing training. Scientists of laboratory cooperate with scientists from Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Institute of Environment and Ecology Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology, Public Limited Company “Rūta” UAB, UAB „Franmax“.
- Chemical composition of vegetable raw materials and their changes during ripening process;
- Storage of raw materials in controlled atmosphere chambers with different air parameters;
- Quality of processed products;
- Sensory evaluation of food raw materials and products;
- Biology of harmful organisms, their ecology, physiology, toxicology in the controlled environment.
SCIENTIFIC TOPICS AND PROJECTS
On-going scientific research works financed from state budget
- “Quality research of vegetable raw materials and processed products“;
- “The influence of biodynamic preparations on giant pumpkins fruit quality“;
- “The influence of biodynamic preparations on different potato genotypes growing technology “.
Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA) funded “Innovation vouchers”
- “Search of the new non-traditional raw materials for food product development”, 2013;
- “Applied research of natural sweeteners production from the local vegetable raw materials“, 2013. Custom scientific research
- “Optimization of a drying process for the vegetable raw materials“, 2013.
- Chemical analysis of vegetable raw materials in accordance with international and Lithuanian standards:
- sample preparation for chemical analysis – homogenization, drying, crushing;
- chemical analysis of vegetable raw materials (including feed) – ascorbic acid, carotenoids, crude protein and nitrogen, crude ash, pH, nitrate, potassium contents, etc.
- Qualitative analysis using non-destructive and express methods:
- moisture content analysis by express method (moisture analyser);
- vegetable raw materials analysis by near infrared spectroscopy (near infrared analyser);
- vegetable raw materials colour analysis by colour analyser.
- Analysis of volatile organic compounds of food products and raw materials using e-nose.
- Raw materials and products texture analysis by texture analyser.
- Optimization of the freeze-drying process for the vegetable raw materials.
- Freeze-drying of food products and raw materials.
- Storage of fruit and vegetables in controlled atmosphere chambers and analysis of changes taking place during storage.
- Evaluation of food raw materials and products sensory characteristic (taste, smell, texture, colour), in sensory research laboratory.
- Studies of harmful organism’s sensitivity to ecological factors.