Admission requirements for the first cycle (BSc) study programmes:
- Secondary school graduation certificate or diploma with good results, especially in mathematics, physics, chemistry, history and English. Applications must be accompanied by legalized and notarised English translations of all transcripts. Unofficial copies are not accepted.
- English language proficiency is necessary. No entrance examinations for foreigners.
- The candidates must be graduated not later than 5 years after secondary school.
Admission requirements for the second cycle (MSc) study programmes:
BSc degree or its equivalent (official transcripts are required, legalized and notarised English translations of all transcripts are obligatory).
- The MSc studies will take place in form of consultancy if the group of 5 students will be not formed.
- If the speciality of finished BSc studies not pass the field of intended MSc studies, the additional (equalizing) BSc studies at ASU could be required (up to 60 credits).
Application procedure to the Aleksandras Stulginskis University (ASU)
- A candidate fills in the Application form and sends it together with the copies of the documents listed below and the 160 EUR Application fee.
- University’s Commission for International students’ Admission inspects your documents and sends you an official letter confirming your admission to the study programme of your choice.
- A candidate, after receiving the official confirmation letter, sends to the University the tuition fee for the first study year.
- University’s Commission for International Students’ Admission, after receiving the tuition fee, prepares the documents necessary for visa and residence permit application and sends them to the student.
- A student, after receiving the documents, applies for Lithuanian D visa and residence permit at nearest Lithuanian Embassy.
- After the period of one week, the Lithuanian Embassy informs student that his/her visa is issued. (In case the visa application is rejected, University sends the tuition fee back to student).
- A student picks up his/her Lithuanian D visa and travels to Lithuania. The residence permit will be issued being in Lithuania. Student should bring to Lithuania the original education documents and legalized and its notarized translation to English.Important remark:Final decision about issue of visa D is being taken by the Lithuania Embassy. Aleksandras Stulginskis University don’t take any responsibility upon the costs of unsuccessful applying for Lithuanian D visa or the entering to any intermediation country.
Documents to be submitted when applying to the ASU
- filled in application form (you can get here);
- copy of personal passport;
- copy of education document including grades (legalized and notarized translation to English a secondary school certificate, diploma etc, or recognition document of foreign qualifications, issued by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education.)
- proof of transfer of application fee of 160 EUR (non-refundable) to the bank account of Aleksandras Stulginskis University;
- Certificate from a foreign bank and notarized letter of guarantee from parents/sponsors about their financial abilities (present to Lithuanian Embassy).
Note: Applications will not be processed unless they include all above listed documents.
Legalized and notarized English translations are required for all education documents.
Legalization of documents
Consular legalization of a document is a consular officer’s certification that a signature, a seal and duties of the undersigned individual on a document are genuine. Legalization is necessary to allow documents issued in one country to be accepted and used by institutions of other countries.
Documents witnessing education acquired abroad are subject to legalization, if they have been issued in the state having not acceded to the 1961 Hague Convention concerning abolition of legalization requirements of documents issued in foreign countries, or approved by “Apostille” of Embassy of any of European Union country if they have been issued in the state having acceded to the above mentioned Convention.
- Documents shall be translated into English language or language of the country to which they are to be submitted (Lithuanian);
- The translation shall be fastened to the original document and the fastening shall be certified by a Notary Public in compliance with notaries procedures;
- Copies shall be certified in compliance with notaries’ procedures.
September intake for BSc and MSc studies (students arrival and start of the studies – from 01 September) – application deadline is 01 July.
Address of Admission commission:
ASU Central building, room 309A,
Studentų g. 11,
LT-53361 Akademija, Kauno r., Lithuania,
tel. +370 37 752398,
fax +370 37 752271,
Web page http://www.asu.lt/english.
Applicants are consulted on weekdays from 9 a.m to 4 p. m.