• EQUIVALENCE OF STUDENTS. University students are equivalent and equal participants of academic process. The principle of collegiality by listening to as many community members is observed in both organisation of the study process and administration of the University. Members of Students‘ Union, representing interests of students, participate in all institutions of the University academic autonomy: Senate, Council and Rector‘s Office.
• MODER INFRASTRUCTURE. The University has a developed infrastructure of studies and research, which is concentrated in the only academic campus in Lithuania. Several classrooms and laboratories undergo renovation each year. Contribution from the European Union structural funds enables to complete renovation of all classrooms, laboratories and buildings on the University campus within the next years. University, together with social partners, is establishing an integrated valley of science, studies and business „Nemunas“. Implementation of the Valley development project, the value of which is over 80 mln. Lt, creates improved conditions for the progress of research and studies at the University.
• Students have their practical trainings at the University subdivisions – experimental station, training farm, training ground, arboretum, pomological garden – as well as in enterprises, firms and companies of social partners.
• Study of literature in various languages is available in five reading rooms of the University library by using printed and electronic formats. The library provides computerized working places; wireless Eduroam network is accessible.
• QUALITY OF STUDIES. The University introduces modern and responsible attitude to studies ; in this way the study quality assurance system is implemented. Continuous improvement of study programmes, their provision with the up-to date study material and introduction of advanced teaching methodologies also employ support from the European Union structural funds. Students, being active participants of the study process, also feel responsibility for the quality of studies. Their opinions about organizational and academical levels and influence of studies on personal and professional improvement successfully contribute to the evaluation and perfection of the study quality at the University.
• SCHOLARSHIPS FROM BUSINESS ENTERPRISES. Business companies award scholarships to the outstanding students; it is possible to conclude a scholarship agreement with certain business companies for the period of four years of studies before entering Aleksandras Stulginskis University.
• STUDIES ABROAD. University cooperates with over 120 partners (higher schools, their subdivisions, scientific, research and business institutions) in foreign countries, participates in the European Union Erasmus, NOVA-BOVA network of agricultural universities in Nordic and Baltic countries, Leonardo daVinci, EU Sixth general research programme as well as in programmes and international scientific projects supported by other international funds and foreign governments. Within the European Union Erasmus programme the University is partner with more than 70 European universities. Thus, students have numerous opportunites of studies abroad.
• EMPLOYMENT POSSIBILITIES.
Completed studies at our University provide the following employment possibilities:
– in the enterprises related with agriculture; in educational institutions; in state and non-governmental institutions; to start own business in agriculture; in the enterpises involved in preparation and implementation of landscape architecture projects; in recreation objects; in horticulture and gardening enterprises; in agricultural business and infrastructure enterprises, in consulting services, state and municipality institutions;
– in the General Forest Enterprise; PE forest enterprises; in regional departments of environmental protection; in State forest service; in State Institute of Forest Management; in other forest husbandry and woodworking enterprises; in the ministry of Environment; in State inspection of Environmental Protection; in Environmental Protection agency; in regional departments of environmental protection and their subdivisions; in nature reserves; in national and regional parks; in municipalities; in environmental protection departments of enterprises;
– in agricultural production, processing and service enterprises; in advisory services; in tax, insurance and audit institutions; in banks and other finance institutions; in agricultural state authorities; in rural development management, agricultural and rural development consulting institutions of the country and the European Union; in the local neighbourhoods; in municipal administrations and their offices; in public and budget institutions that administer rural development policy; in Local Action Groups; in rural communities and their unions; in non-governmental organizations that implement rural development programs and projects; in agricultural and other enterprises; in international structures of agricultural business; in the LR ministry of Agriculture and its subordinate bodies; in the center of Agricultural Information and Rural Trade; in the enterprises of agricultural raw materials;
– in electricity and thermal energy generation, supply and distribution enterprises; in the enterprises of renewable energy plant design, construction and maintenance; in energetical audit and advisory firms; in public administration institutions; in energetical systems and equipment production and assembly enterprises; in biomass cultivation, preparation and conversion – biogas, biofuels and biomaterials production companies; in heat and electricity generation and supply plants; in design offices; in educational and scientific institutions; in agricultural machinery and equipment service and trade, logistics enterprises; in agricultural and other machinery design and manufacture enterprises; in technical services of logistics, agriculture and forest husbandry, building, road construction and maintenance enterperises; in agricultural machinery and transport technical maintenance enterprises; road vehicle testing and expertise companies;
– in design and construction companies; in the institutions administrating water and environmental protection; in municipal administrations; in departments of ministries of Environment and Agriculture;in state and private enterprises involved in preparation of land management and landscape management projects; in the enterprises conducting cadastral measurements of land parcels and buildings, cartogtraphy, soil study, maps preparation works, landscape architecture works, land market research and real property evaluation; in the enterprises consulting on real estate transfer, land law, environment management, etc,; in other design, land administration and advisory enterprises and institutions.
• UNIQUE STUDY PROGRAMMES. This is the only state institution of higher studies and research in the country, which trains highly qualified specialists of agriculture, forest and water husbandry. A flexible system of studies allows to study the chosen study program after secondary or college education, to continue studies in the second (Master studies) or the third (Doctoral studies) cycles in the same or adjacent area.